Playground Group 2021
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
We are so excited to be able to return to a more traditional offering of Playground Group for 2021! Playground group this summer will be a bit different from years past but we are confident that we will be able to provide a fun and safe environment for all participants.
Please see link below for current Health and Safety Guidelines.
Our Camp Director and Head Counselors have developed fun and engaging activities that are in compliance with state and local requirements.
Sports & field games
Arts & crafts, including the always popular tie dye!
Short nature walks
Music and movies when the weather is not ideal for the outdoors
Little Hillers, ages 5-7, will join us at Center School from 8:30am-3:30pm for a fun filled week of arts and crafts, sports, games and a weekly visit from a variety of outside entertainers such as Animal Adventures, the High Flying Frisbee Dogs, Top Secret Science and more. The week ends with a pizza and Popsicle party!
Junior Hillers, ages 8-12, will join us at Elmwood School from 8:30am-3:30pm for a week full of sports, Olympic events, and games! There will be two weekly trips to Sandy Beach, tie-dye, arts and crafts, water balloons and more. The week ends with an Olympic Ceremony, pizza and popsicles.
Check out our extended day option! You've spoken, we listened. Our extended day program runs until 5:30pm.
Session 1: July 5-9
Session 2: July 12-16
Session 3: July 19-23
Session 4: July 26-30
Session 5: August 2-6
Session 6: August 9-13
Please send your child with a backpack that includes the following:
TWO masks - this is in case one gets lost, dirty, etc. Masks are required when inside for any individuals who are not vaccinated.
We suggest you pack extra sunblock.
Please pack snacks and a lunch for your child every day. We have a no NUT policy as we can have campers with allergies. We appreciate your cooperation in providing a safe environment for all.
Please send water and/or drinks with your child. Please put your child’s name on the containers.
This has been a challenging year for sure. Some things will be different, but our mission this summer remains the same as always: to provide a safe place for kids to get outside and be active, to make some new friends and reconnect with old ones, and most importantly, have fun.
Registration for each session will close on Thursday at midnight the week prior. An informational email will be sent out on the Friday prior to each session.
Please ensure that your child's medical information in your Hopkintonrec.org account is up to date with any allergies or concerns we should be aware of.
Call Parks and Rec with any questions: 508-497-9750
Playground Group Policies
- You may not drop off your child prior to 8:20am. Drop off runs from 8:30-9:00am.
- You must sign child in at the desk.
- For parents with children at BOTH LOCATIONS ONLY, there will be a 15 minute grace period pick up added to your pick up time.
- Late pickup policy: Any child being picked up after hours will be charged $1.00 per minute late. This fee will be payable, in cash, before the next day. No child will be admitted without payment.
- Prescription medicines will not be given by staff. You may come to the session and dispense medications to your child. Epi pens are exempt from this rule. On Monday, please bring an epi pen labeled with your child's name on it. Our head counselors will store the pens in a cooler for the week and return the pen to you at the end of the session. The cooler travels with the head counselors on field trips. Our head counselors and at least 2 staff members on site are CPR certificated and trained in the proper use of epi pen administration.
- No child is permitted to leave the group unless accompanied by a counselor. No child will be released to anyone unless that person is on the authorized pickup list you provide. There will be a sign in and out sheet.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Families will be charged for any malicious damage done to town property or equipment.
- Children are expected to cooperate with the counselors. Any child who is considered disruptive may be asked to leave after a conference with parents. We reserve the right to cancel enrollment, with no refunds, at any time due to disruptive behavior.
- All children need to bring a lunch and drink and snack in an insulated bag or box.
If you withdraw from a program at any time prior to two weeks before the program start date, you will receive an account credit good towards other Parks and Recreation programs. Account credits do not expire. Account credit will not be issued if the cancellation takes places within two weeks of the program start date. Cancellations due to a medical emergency will have the option to receive an account credit or a refund at any time with proper medical documentation. If a program is cancelled by Parks and Recreation, you will have the option to receive an account credit or a refund for that program. The processing fee associated with all credit card transactions will not be refunded.
If a program is suspended due to a recommendation by the CDC or the State and local Dept. of Health, customers can elect to take a refund or a credit. Credits will have no expiration date and can be applied to any program and can be used for any member of your household.
Starting January 1, 2021 the new refund policy will be as follows: If a customer has registered for a program and elects not to attend a program due to safety concerns regarding COVID 19, they will be offered a program credit ONLY. This policy will remain in effect until June 30, 2021