We are so excited to be able to return to a more traditional offering of Playground Group for 2021! Playground group this summer will be a bit different from years past but we are confident that we will be able to provide a fun and safe environment for all participants.
Our Camp Director and Head Counselors have developed fun and engaging activities that are in compliance with state and local requirements.
Sports & field games
Arts & crafts, including the always popular tie dye!
Short nature walks
Music and movies when the weather is not ideal for the outdoors
Participants will be placed in groups of 8-10 with 2 counselors. Registration will be limited in order to achieve this goal. Each group will remain together for the duration of the session. Groups will not interact with each other. Our goal is to create groups that are close to the same age. We CANNOT take requests for friends to be placed together. These parameters may be adjusted if new health and safety guidelines allow it.
Little Hillers, ages 5-7, will join us at Center School from 8:30am-3:30pm for a fun filled week of arts and crafts, sports, games and a weekly visit from a variety of outside entertainers such as Animal Adventures, the High Flying Frisbee Dogs, Top Secret Science and more. The week ends with a pizza and Popsicle party!
Junior Hillers, ages 8-12, will join us at Elmwood School from 8:30am-3:30pm for a week full of sports, Olympic events, and games! There will be two weekly trips to Sandy Beach, tie-dye, arts and crafts, water balloons and more. The week ends with an Olympic Ceremony, pizza and popsicles.
Check out our extended day option! You've spoken, we listened. Our extended day program runs until 5:30pm.
Session 1: July 5-9
Session 2: July 12-16
Session 3: July 19-23
Session 4: July 26-30
Session 5: August 2-6
Session 6: August 9-13
Participants will need to bring a backpack with the following items:
Nut free snack and lunch as well as a drink.
Art supplies such as scissors, crayons or markers or colored pencils and a glue stick.
2 Face masks
Hand Sanitizer will be available at every activity station but you are also welcome to send some in their backpack.
This has been a challenging year for sure. Some things will be different, but our mission this summer remains the same as always: to provide a safe place for kids to get outside and be active, to make some new friends and reconnect with old ones, and most importantly, have fun.
Registration for each session will close on Thursday at midnight the week prior. An informational email will be sent out on the Friday prior to each session along with the following:
-Health questionnaire which is required at drop off each morning
-Detailed instructions on drop off and pick up procedures
Please ensure that your child's medical information in your Hopkintonrec.org account is up to date with any allergies or concerns we should be aware of.
Call Parks and Rec with any questions: 508-497-9750
- Late pickup policy: Any child being picked up after hours will be charged $10.00 per minute late. This fee will be payable, in cash, before the next day. No child will be admitted without payment.
- Prescription medicines will not be given by staff. You may come to the session and dispense medications to your child. Epi pens are exempt from this rule. On Monday, please bring an epi pen labeled with your child's name on it. Our head counselors will store the pens in a cooler for the week and return the pen to you at the end of the session. Our head counselors and at least 2 staff members on site are CPR certificated and trained in the proper use of epi pen administration.
- No child is permitted to leave the group unless accompanied by a counselor. No child will be released to anyone unless that person is on the authorized pickup list you provide.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Families will be charged for any malicious damage done to town property or equipment.
- Children are expected to cooperate with the counselors. Any child who is considered disruptive may be asked to leave after a conference with parents. We reserve the right to cancel enrollment, with no refunds, at any time due to disruptive behavior.
If you withdraw from a program at any time prior to two weeks before the program start date, you will receive an account credit good towards other Parks and Recreation programs. Account credits do not expire. Account credit will not be issued if the cancellation takes places within two weeks of the program start date. Cancellations due to a medical emergency will have the option to receive an account credit or a refund at any time with proper medical documentation. If a program is cancelled by Parks and Recreation, you will have the option to receive an account credit or a refund for that program. The processing fee associated with all credit card transactions will not be refunded.
If a program is suspended due to a recommendation by the CDC or the State and local Dept. of Health, customers can elect to take a refund or a credit. Credits will have no expiration date and can be applied to any program and can be used for any member of your household.
Starting January 1, 2021 the new refund policy will be as follows: If a customer has registered for a program and elects not to attend a program due to safety concerns regarding COVID 19, they will be offered a program credit ONLY. This policy will remain in effect until June 30, 2021
- Included in each session will be arts and crafts instruction, games and story time.
- Once a week there will be a special guest.
- There will be a kid’s pool/sprinkler to cool off. Please send a bathing suit if you would like your child to participate.
- Little Hillers is held at Center School from 8:30am-3:30pm. Extended day hours 8:30am-5:30pm. Drop off window is 8:30-9:00am
- Center School is not air conditioned.
- Boys and girls will enjoy all kinds of sports & craft activities in this group.
- Trip to Sandy Beach twice a week to swim, with our staff and lifeguards on duty at all times.
- Junior Hillers is held at Elmwood School from 8:30am-5:30pm. Extended day hours 8:30am-5:30pm. Drop off window is 8:30-9:00am
- Elmwood School is not air conditioned.