Playground Group 2020
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Hopkinton Parks & Recreation is proud to offer Playground Group for summer 2020!
Junior Hillers, ages 8-12, can join us at Center School. The program will be a bit different this year due to the unique challenges we face. Playground Group will be divided into a morning and afternoon session. Participants can be registered for either session weekly but not both.
Our Camp Director and Head Counselors have developed fun and engaging activities that are in compliance with state and local requirements.
Sports & field games
Arts & crafts, including the always popular tie dye!
Short nature walks
Playground time at the Center School playground
Music and movies when the weather is not ideal for the outdoors
Participants will be placed in groups of 8-10 with 2 counselors. They will stay with that group for the duration of the session. Groups will not interact with each other. Our goal is to create groups that are close to the same age. We CANNOT take requests for friends to be placed together. Registration is limited to 32 children per session. Registration closes at midnight on the Thursday prior to the following weeks session.
Participants will need to bring a backpack with the following items:
Nut free snack and a drink
Art supplies such as scissors, crayons or markers or colored pencils and a glue stick.
2 Face masks
Hand Sanitizer will be available at every activity station but you are also welcome to send some in their backpack.
We encourage you to read our safety plan via the link below.
This has been a challenging year for sure. Some things will be different, but our mission this summer remains the same as always: to provide a safe place for kids to get outside and be active, to make some new friends and reconnect with old ones, and most importantly, have fun.
Week 1: July 6-10
Week 2: July 13-17
Week 3: July 20-24
Week 4: July 27- July 31
Week 5: August 3-7
Morning sessions run 8:00am-12:00pm
Afternoon sessions run 1:30-5:30pm
Registration for each session will close on Thursday at midnight. An informational email will be sent out on the Friday prior to each session along with the following:
Health questionnaire which is required at drop off each morning
Detailed instructions on drop off and pick up procedures
Please ensure that your child's medical information in your Hopkintonrec.org account is up to date with any allergies or concerns we should be aware of.
Call Parks and Rec with any questions: 508-497-9750
Playground Group General Policies
- Late pickup policy: Any child being picked up after hours will be charged $10.00 per minute late. This fee will be payable, in cash, before the next day. No child will be admitted without payment.
- Prescription medicines will not be given by staff. You may come to the session and dispense medications to your child. Epi pens are exempt from this rule. On Monday, please bring an epi pen labeled with your child's name on it. Our head counselors will store the pens in a cooler for the week and return the pen to you at the end of the session. Our head counselors and at least 2 staff members on site are CPR certificated and trained in the proper use of epi pen administration.
- No child is permitted to leave the group unless accompanied by a counselor. No child will be released to anyone unless that person is on the authorized pickup list you provide.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Families will be charged for any malicious damage done to town property or equipment.
- Children are expected to cooperate with the counselors. Any child who is considered disruptive may be asked to leave after a conference with parents. We reserve the right to cancel enrollment, with no refunds, at any time due to disruptive behavior.
If you withdraw from a program at anytime prior to two weeks before the program start date, you will receive an account credit good towards other Parks and Recreation programs. Account credits do not expire. Account credit will not be issued if the cancellation takes places within two weeks of the program start date. Cancellations due to a medical emergency will have the option to receive an account credit or a refund at anytime with proper medical documentation. If a program is cancelled by Parks and Recreation, you will have the option to receive an account credit or a refund for that program. The processing fee associated with all credit card transactions will not be refunded.
If a program is suspended due to a recommendation by the CDC or the State and local Dept. of Health, customers can elect to take a refund or a credit. Credits will have no expiration date and can be applied to any program and can be used for any member of your household.
If a customer has registered for a program and elects not to attend a program due to safety concerns regarding COVID 19, they will be offered the option of a program credit, or a refund if requested prior to 2 weeks before the program's start date. This policy will remain in effect until December 31, 2020.