Fight Internal Fake News™!
Our culture is enduring an epidemic of toxic thoughts. What we dwell on affects us both physically and emotionally. The worst inbox is the one in your head.
Our brain presents ‘breaking news’ to us as if it is well thought-out rational conclusions. Internal fake news™ is the worst kind since it’s personal, negative and repetitive if let un-checked. Join us in this session to learn how to fight back against this.
Challenging times are stressful. It’s important to acknowledge that. But let’s minimize the self-created and self-inflicted stress.
- Have a “rapid response” defense system to combat the brain’s inherit negativity bias.
- Learn how to develop a different relationship your thoughts.
- Learn how to do real-time fact checking to dismiss your internal fake news™.
- Shorten the news cycle of your internal fake news™.
- How to keep your internal fakes news™ in the back pages and the more accurate, uplifting news as the top story.
- Be more aware of your internal self-talk and shift what dwelling on when it’s counterproductive.
- Counter cognitive distortions with rational thinking and melt your own "mental snowballs."
Based on the book, MindRight: Navigate the Noise by Kevin Stacey
Read more at Kevin's website: www.kevinstacey.com
Registration is open to students and adults ages 15 and over and includes a copy of Mind Right: Navigate the Noise, value $15.95.